My Books Available on the web

My Books Available on the web
Author and Retired Deputy Warden

Monday, April 22, 2013

Fear - The Epiphany of Courage


The Epiphany of Courage

When I first gave the though of becoming a correctional officer I went through a series of hesitating moments that created an unsure feeling that I will never forget. I had endure many trials and tribulations throughout my years advising others and being advised on the morality of things as they presented themselves as challenges to face in your life each day.  I dealt with a wide range of pain and painless emotions and issues including what were best for me and my family during a time when unemployment was high and jobs were hard to get.

Balancing the suffering and insecurities of being unemployed, I chose to fulfill a dream that many had told me “you couldn’t do it” as I experienced a jarring moment, an epiphany of courage you might say that took me down this journey that lasted over twenty five years. Slowly I had to learn all over again how to face my fears and when to take the risks that would bring me a most preferred status within myself and others.

Never lacking the physical strength to endure the anticipated fatigue and rigors of the job chosen, I had to focus on psychological strength and courage to withstand the adversities and challenges ahead. Dreaming the dream was not so elusive once I was on track towards fulfilling my personal goals and desires as my dreams transformed into realities that brought me security and happiness as I used my inner strengths to pursue them. .

The courage within my heart was sometimes daunting yet it came alive when I needed it the most to propel me into a successful state of mind that had me thinking and facing my fears while refusing to become helpless or weak for others to see or realize once my self-confidence was bolstered from within. Stabilizing my dreams,  I encouraged others to take this same journey and go for all the gusto there is in life and the pursuit of happiness.

The process of learning to take risks and acting boldly is truly an awesome one. The act of giving back was given to you is even a more satisfying experience in itself. Breaking free from the chains inside your heart and head brings a wonderful freedom gives you the enthusiasm and the boldness to go wherever your heart desires as your challenge of fear is no longer a prison containing you inside a make believe box with tight reigns and boundaries to keep you from learning and giving; slowly depleting you of your energy and desires. Your courage has given you unlimited bravery with choices abound that will allow yourself to gain more about life and fulfill your most inner desires a fruitful life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment