My Books Available on the web

My Books Available on the web
Author and Retired Deputy Warden

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Antique Morality - Old School

Antique Morality -


The point is hardly befuddled and often misunderstood. What is now a rusty tractor was once a trusty tool that brought food on the table. So now it sits and boring the landscape with its old creaky presence breaking the scenery with its rusty nuts and bolts, rotten out tires and less than elegant symbol.

This tractor is breaking the antique morality lines of the old versus the new and how I interpreted this situation is based on my own inferences and experiences that what once young is now old as I seem to be saying, the younger generation have looser morals than the older ones had when they were young.

Today we are old and stuffy, old-fashioned and not in tune with the spry and wit of today’s children or youth. We are the older generation today but once we were young. We had our turn to make life exciting, we turned up the heat and danced with our own music to our own favorite songs.

My ultimate point is I suppose that everything that is young will turn old and everything that was worth having turns into junk one day. It is worth seeing this change around me.

It makes me feel like it was once important that we existed and made a difference in someone’s life but this is nothing to get worked up over or about – getting old is the price we all pay when we talk about the antiques and morality.

No comments:

Post a Comment